Discussion Starter #1

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thrilled as an eagles fan to have a big reciever..but being an eagles fan i am also firm in the fact that we have to see to believe any change. I was surprised about the turn of events for the 49ers myself...I figured it was either TO or Garcia but i didnt think both of them would be gone

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Z28Driver said:
I am thrilled as an eagles fan to have a big reciever..but being an eagles fan i am also firm in the fact that we have to see to believe any change. I was surprised about the turn of events for the 49ers myself...I figured it was either TO or Garcia but i didnt think both of them would be gone
Rub it in Joe....rub it in..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Looks like I wont be watching NFL this year......unless 49ers pull some s$#%t out of their arses.....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
828 Posts
T.O. will find another issue to complain about - like refs keep their flags in their pockets when NFC East teams meet.

Strange moves for the 49ers - their cap numbers didn't look that bad.

Lost 3 of their best offensive players:: Garcia, T.O. and guard Ron Stone.
Last year fired Mariuchi to upgrade to . . . Dennis Erickson ???

As i have heard from anyone who played for him at U.C.L.A., Terry Donahue is one of the biggest a-holes in professional sports. I hope he crashes and burns.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The biggest problem of the Raider Nation is a combination of Al Qaeda and Gray Davis -- or Al Davis.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
OCTICK said:
Starting fresh....Another season where I am ashamed to wear my 49ers stuff.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Its really weird....kind of like basketball.

If my team doesnt play well....I still watch their games...however Im not as interasted in the rest of the league as I would be if they were doing even decant.....

Same with basketball and no Bulls.....I dont even watch it anymore.... :(

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oh...gosh...I guess... we SF fans have been spoiled by the last couple of decades. Embarrassed to be a niner fan? Come on guys.........Arizona fans have every right to be embarrassed...not us.

Did you guys notice that everyone that was released was over 30 and injury prone?

The offense has been gutted, but their is hope on the defensive side because I think the niners will have the best linebacker group in the leauge, with a good secondary. They just have to stay healthy. Doesn't mean they're going deep into the playoffs, but strong defense will keep the niners competative next year.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
JokerUNM said:
Oh...gosh...I guess... we SF fans have been spoiled by the last couple of decades. Embarrassed to be a niner fan? Come on guys.........Arizona fans have every right to be embarrassed...not us.

Did you guys notice that everyone that was released was over 30 and injury prone?

The offense has been gutted, but their is hope on the defensive side because I think the niners will have the best linebacker group in the leauge, with a good secondary. They just have to stay healthy. Doesn't mean they're going deep into the playoffs, but strong defense will keep the niners competative next year.
True....but offense.....QBs....WR....is 49ers game....maybe they are changing as fast as.......hmm......BMW...LOL

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I dislike the ravens as much as anybody, but would love to see them play the eagles right now, cause Ray Lewis would put Owens in a bodybag. He would not have gotton away with the bs in Baltimore on Rays team. Everyone except the eagles is probaly better off.

·
Registered
902 Posts
All five Super Bowl teams had top rated defenses. The offense will most always get all the glory. Obviously they'll be hunting for offense...in the draft...I'm just saying they won't be as bad as people think because of the defense. Speaking of offense, watch out for Brandon Lloyd, Kevin Barlow next year. They will be stars.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Yeah, being in the Bay Area.... we are pretty much spoiled when it comes to sports (except B-ball).

The '9ers have been good for so long it is time to rebuild.

The strangest thing that I've seen in the last couple of years in Bay Area sports is this.... If you win your division you fire your head coach.

Raiders - Win AFC, Fire Gruden
49ers - Win NFC west, Fire Marriucci
Giants - Win NL, Fire Dusty
A's - Win Div, Fire Howe

Basically, if you are a coach in the Bay Area... don't win... you'll get fired.

(note the exception seems to be the Sharks, they have kept their coach despite getting to the playoffs)

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered mine today

·
Registered
229 Posts
There's gotta be a sharpie hidden in those microphones!
Oh, and the pom-poms are inside Andy Reid's tummy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
12 Participants
jaycevs
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing