Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...doing a search found this wonderful thread.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191987

I recently left my lights on drained my battery and when I went to jump it, I noticed the same pool in my '98 GLS V6.

Vacuumed it out with the shop vac and thought nothing of it.

It's been a really wet winter here in Austin, TX and after the big ice storm I noticed "the dreaded wet carpet."

So I'm guessing my drain is plugged.

Now my windshield wipes sound like crap. Can the wiper motor get messed up with all that water?

The car is running ok but doesn't seem to be as fuel efficient. Could all this be related?

Anything else to look out for here?

Looking for a good indie in Austin, TX to take it to.

Thanks for playing...

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
If you don't know, the CCM is under the driver's side carpet and if you have a tiptronic, the TCM is under the passenger side carpet. You need to pull the carpet up and dry out these modules, connectors, and wiring harness so you don't develop corrosion, etc. that can lead to many problems including failure of the modules.

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
started @ 2:45 and Back @ 5 am .... and heres the report with my saturday morning water intrusion job...

both drains are clear .. ive come to the conclusion that the water must be coming in thru the passage that my 4 ga. wire and or strobes wires coming into the cabin ....:banghead:

heres some pictures of the early morning job :

looks clear to ......me drain #1 (behing brake booster)

looks clear here too drain #2 (under battery tray)

....heres a trick to keep your cabin smelling good thru out the years

·
Registered
27,585 Posts
Bad mileage is due to the cold weather. You might have some leaves or acorns in your wiper arms.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
both drains are clear .. ive come to the conclusion that the water must be coming in thru the passage that my 4 ga. wire and or strobes wires coming into the cabin ....
You didn't RTV it?

Nice job with the pics BTW :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts