Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my Passat in January, I could not find a place to mount my delphi XM unit. Problem solved.... I traded it in on a commander unit and cut out a piece in the ceiling above the map lights.. Looks freaking sweet! As for the antenna, I unscrewed the factory antenna and ran the wire through there! I would place pics here but can't figure out how to do it. If you would like to see pics you can e-mail me[/img]

·
Registered
468 Posts
To post pics on the forums, you need to have an always-on web space.
Most Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have web space you can use if you have your internet connection with them.
Once you set up your webspace, put your pictures up there and get the http:// address for them.
In your post, surround the address with
on the end. These tags tell the forum software that there's an image to display here.
You can take a look at my example:

it's just
without the spaces.
Test your stuff out here.
If you're on Cox HSI, you can use this link to get started.
There are several "Free" services out there but they seem unreliable. Besides, I'm paying for the web space anyway, I may as well be using it.
Now post those pics.
cheers :beer:

·
Registered
547 Posts
jaywku i know exactly what your talking about, ive been thinking of doing the same thing but i have a Roady and wish i had got the other one :(
Where did you trade yours in? Didnt know you could do that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Teknubic. I'll try it again. Liquid Smoke; I'm friends with the guys that run my local audio shop, so they do stuff like that for me all the time.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts

2003 W8 with double din Monsoon. XM tuner is plugged into Alpine cd changer sharing factory cd cable. No need to splice into FM antenna..

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Since were showing pictures... Mine is similar to VWGuy's, but with a self made angle bracket. Maybe we can harass jaywku into getting his pictures posted. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
VWGUY4EVER said:
2003 W8 with double din Monsoon. XM tuner is plugged into Alpine cd changer sharing factory cd cable. No need to splice into FM antenna..
What model is the XM Unit? I have an Alpine CHA-S634 changer, though I don't know if I can connect the XM unit to it. I might go back to XM if it is possible to keep my changer. How exactally did you hook this up?

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Alpine cd changer has aux input jacks. The Pioneer XM unit connects to it using a Perifferal adaptor. I believe BlitzSafe makes one also. There is a toggle switch mounted in the cubby under the headlight switch. I select cd changer mode then flip the toggle switch. The Xm signal comes in thru the factory cd changer wire sp no FM modulator is needed. Digital signal all the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts