Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through some posts on the forums about Swaybars and have a few questions.

Are the cheaper Chas/Andybars still available? I'm ready to buy.

Is this something an amatuer modder can install? and if so -

Where can i find instructions on installing one of these?

Does the Passat allready have a front sway bar?

Thanks so much, I'm giddy :weirdo:

Aaron

·
Registered
26,835 Posts
Chas/Andybars are lower tie bars,they tie the rear section of the front subframe
together. It is shaped like a U,they close the open end. They improve steering
response,but are not anti-sway bars.

The Passat has a front anti-sway bar. The rear can be installed with a few basic
tools at home (depending on type).

A rear bar will help the most. Check the info section,there should be a writeup
there.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Neuspeed seems to be the best choice for the rears since they don't require drilling into the frames and they're adjustable. P&P doesn't sell them anymore, but you might be able to get him to make one for ya.

·
Banned
373 Posts
D.Passat00 said:
Neuspeed seems to be the best choice for the rears since they don't require drilling into the frames and they're adjustable. P&P doesn't sell them anymore, but you might be able to get him to make one for ya.
The drilling, for the two holes, takes all of about 15 minutes for the Autotech. Just get your self a good variable speed drill and some high-speed drill (titanium or cobalt steel (best)). Set the speed for low RPM/high torgue and oil the bit tip frequently. I progressed up in size, through about 4 bits, starting with 3/16" and ending in 27/64".

Either way, you will love the difference. I really got to play last evening after finishing the install on my Autotech and what an amzing difference in steering. Lane changes require just a 'twitch' of the wheel. Cornering is much flatter and the ride quality hasn't changed that much overall. Then again with the H&R and Bilstein sports it doesn't get much stiffer. :lol:

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts