·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the problem: clunking in the left rear and rattling in the right
the mechanic: your sway bar broke at the end and you need a whole new axle
me: what the [email protected]#$% :mad:
what i did: post this issue on this forum and listened to responses
what happened: got a mechanic to place a bushing in that spot where my sway broke off
the outcome: nice and quiet :D
the epilogue: i thank everybody that responded, i hope this helps out other people, and if anybody whats to add to this, go right ahead :D :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good question, the sway bar is not replaced. will i get it replaced? i should. but here's the deal, i went to a performance shop after i got out of there, and they quoted me $400 and change for a performance bar. i also called vw about an extended warranty that mentions the bar as being covered. logic would hold that the bushing that was placed in there will probably come out again. so i don't know. what do you think? :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Well according to the last post, our cars do not come with rear sway bars (just qouting people from your previous post). If that is true, you could just remove it. Since its broken its not doing anything but hanging on for the ride. I think you can get a Neuspeed bar for about $310. But like I said, if you don't want to spend the money and no bar came with the car, then just take it off.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Here is another thought - Can you get the broken bar welded back together? If so, welding it has got to be a lot cheaper than buying a new one. Anybody know?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the mechanics refused to weld it back together. they stated that it is a part of the whole rear axle. while i do believe that is true, from my novice stand-point, it can and should be done. i just need to find someone that would do it. i don't want to do it since i don't have the patience and i picture myself making a complete mess :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry pz, don't have a digital camera or access to one. if i can desribe it.....you're underneath the car and your looking at your whole rear axle from the front, not from the back of the car, you pull down slightly on the plastic underneath and look to your right, you will see a long rod, pole, bar, etc that goes across. on your right, (the drivers side), it looks like a weld where it connects, you pull on it and you see that the weld is not connected. we needed a flashlight to see it. hope that helps :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.