Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back story: The beginning of June a group of individuals moved into the duplex next door to me. 3 men, 1 woman, 9 kids (ranged in ages 3-10), and 2 pitt bulls. In the month that followed many complaints were made to the police, animal control and child protective services (11 calls from my residence, and 30 plus from other neighbors). Our complaints comprised from the minimal annoyance of dogs barking all hours of the day, to the more disturbing domestic fights using golf clubs and knives, and also the obvious, barefaced drug dealing that went on many times in my backyard.

After each complaint reports were made and landlords contacted but nothing seemed to get done to solve and eliminate the problem. Until this morning.

At 4 am I awoke to incredible pounding coming from the neighbor’s front garage, the dogs were fanatic. I looked out the window and saw the commotion of police officers running from every direction toward the house, full ballistic, battle ready tactical uniforms. The armored tank-truck was there, multiple SWAT trucks, (stuff I didn’t think this town even had) and 30 plus machine gun ready police officers. I woke all my roommates and we watched out the windows as my neighbors were arrested, dogs were removed, and children were collected and hauled off to a better environment.

Once we gathered the courage we moved to the street corner and watched as the investigators pulled out boxes upon boxes of what could only be their “chemistry sets.”

What an amazing morning… It will be VERY interesting to see how all of this plays out in the coming days.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Didn't this same thing happen to another B5 member (not him being arrested, but his neighbor)

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Yeah there was another ongoing saga. I think that was an upstairs neighbor or something.

I am sure all the complaints caused an investigation including surveillance and stake outs. To come with that much force, they obviously knew a lot and had appropriate research and warrants to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts