Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 99 passat v6 and I need new suspension. The car has 55k miles and it has the original suspension so what do you recomend me to put in?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would seriously do a search first, man, else the old sharks will eat you alive. There is a sticky at the top that tells you how best to search this site. From what I've read, people recommend Neuspeed or H&R springs, and Bilstein or Koni adjustable shocks. The stiffness of shocks and height drop of springs is personal preference. Also, people get sway bars. I know Neuspeed has some pretty good ones. Hope this gets you started. Oh, and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
I had a 2001 GLX 5speed. I ran H&R OE Sports with Bilstein Sport shocks & Neuspeed 28mm rear bar. Great set up. Leave the front sway bar stock and install the rear only. The front Bilsteins have 5 grooves. Install them with the spring perches in the 3rd groove for a nice raked look. It will amount to about a 3/4" drop up front and 1/2" rear. Old pic of it..

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
definately check the group buy forum. If you don't keep updated with group buys, you are missing some great deals.

Currently you can get neuspeed springs for $155. I have this and they are a great setup.

Also, bilstein sport struts can be had for $364 ('98 to '99) or $374 ('00 to '05).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts