Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gus Im still trying to put together a good suspension for the summer. So far my 1.8T B5.5 is mostly stock. I'm getting Eibach sport sprngs to drop the car a bit and need help deciding on some shocks. After research I am considering Koni adjustable or Neuspeed blisteins.
I want to avoid any regrets in performance I might have so Im not rushing to get them installed. If you can post some replies about the differnce between the two setups or any pics of them installed. I read about the rear sagging a bit but being the shocks are adjustable will that fix it?

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Koni adjustables are only adjustable in dampening rate (and only if you remove them from the vehicle), that setting has no influence on the ride height. Of the shocks you mentioned only the Neuspeed Bilstein's have a grooved body that allow you to adjust the ride height. So you'll rake only if you WANT to! :)

Koni's set to firm are firmer/harder then Bilsteins but Koni's set to soft are not as firm. Bilsteins are considered a performance shock so don't expect a cushy shock either. Are the Eibach "Sport" springs as you call them different from their Pro-Kit springs that drop 1.2"? If they are simply Pro-Kit springs, then go with the Eibach shocks (rebadged Sachs). They will give you middle of the road performance/comfort application.

Warning: many who are more performance oriented get 'disappointed' in Eibach after a while and start itching for a more agressive drop and better performance from their suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
x
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing