Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys the job is finally done. I hate to admit it, but the pinch bolt at the upper CAs just wasn't going to come out for me, so I bailed out and had my mechanic complete (the majority) of the swap. Beyond that...

...the Koni Yellows, set at 3/4 turn from soft up front and 1/2 turn from soft at the back, along with H&R OE springs....is a HUGE improvement over stock... (not to mention all the [worn] CAs and TREs were replaced)...so she's handling great!

The H&R OEs definitely lowered the car about 1.5" up front and 1.4" at the back (we'll see how they settle in over the next few days). Taught, reduced dive and roll, and very nicely controlled rebound. My Passat now drives as good as I can remember it ever had.

Next on the list...a rear sway bar...and then when my Yoko Avid H4Ss wear out (can't be soon enough - I don't like their feel)...upsize the rims and tires.

I have to thank a bunch of you - pson, andreaspassat, deusexaethera, and others for pointing me in the right direction regarding CAs, the kits to buy, the tools, the springs...you guys are great.

thanks again,

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Cool, I was looking at that setup, but am leaning towards the Neuspeed SofSports for a bit less aggressive drop.

Be interested in what rear sway bars you're looking at...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts