Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With coilover prices out of my reach (honestly), and they're semmably harsh ride (may not be true), it seems like I'm in a bottomless pit with lowering and imporving the handling of my W8. BUT, I've noticed that some people use the Eibach sets, usually por-kit. Honestly, I think it looks good, and it appears great handling and comfort wise, but it's not low enough. Enter the Eibach Sportline.

I was wondering, does Eibach make a Sportline kit for the W8? I'd actually prefer Pro-Dampers and Sportline springs, as this seems like it would improve comfort over Sportline dampers.

I know little about suspension. So answer this question: Are springs height adjustable? Is there any adjustability in springs at all? I'd like a raked look, not an even or ass-raked look. Or would I have to acheive this by getting Sportline front springs and Pro-System rear springs?

Also (S-Klass), is there any Koni kit that will fit a W8? What springs would you recommends, if there are any that would fit my car? This may be an alternative. :wink:

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Springs are not height adjustable. Honestly, I don't even see why people still buy springs. Just save up alittle more money. After you go coil YOU never go back.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I<3myW8,

Brother, nothing has changed as far as suspensions available for the W8. Currently only H&R has performance springs while FK Automotive and KWSuspensions have coilover kits. Currently Koni is attempting to cross-match their Sport Adjustable springs designated for the A6 Quattro with Sport Suspension for our cars, but there's a huge issue. If you use the Koni's on your W8 they have to be set 1/4 turn, so the benefit of adjustable shocks is lost.

Springs aren't height adjustable. Only coilovers have the ability to make changes in ride height. Consider this, for about $850.00 in parts you can do H&R's with Koni Sport Adjustable shocks. If you spend about $1100.00 in parts, you can do Variant 1 KW's that will give you the ability to make changes in ride height but not ride stiffness. The V1's have an excellent ride, so that may be your best route. Also shop around for group buys on FK Automotive Silverline coilovers for the W8's. I just contacted New German Performance to inquire about a set for my co-worker's silver W8 since he threw on some 18" VZ's trying to mimic the Swami's joint.. :cry:

Rapperz just bitin' my style!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
If you want something low, you might consider the Vogtland springs. Several here are running them and they look great!

I'd pass on the FK stuff until they get their act together. Word has it they're "restructuring".

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
MikekiM said:
If you want something low, you might consider the Vogtland springs. Several here are running them and they look great!

I'd pass on the FK stuff until they get their act together. Word has it they're "restructuring".
Nothing available from Vogtland for the W8!!! :cry:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Swami, today is your lucky day :D
BILSTEIN
005232 BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT (shocks)

005233 BILSTEIN - B8 SPRINT (shocks)

105153 BILSTEIN - B12 Tuning Kit (up to 30mm) (shock/spring kit)

105187 BILSTEIN - B16 PSS9 (up to 50mm) (coilovers)

Eibach springs for W8, PN 10-85-002-18-22 (~170 Pounds Sterling in U.K.)

And ALL THIS for W8
tell me that you love me :lol:
Note those No on Bilstein that you see are not PN, when you enter page click on those No's and you will get Part#
http://www.carparts-cat.com/webkat.asp?SID=8113824212871801 (go to Passat 3B3, this is Sedan B5.5.there you will find W8 )

·
Registered
4,555 Posts

Now if U.S. vendors could only get these parts!! I'm calling my source tommorow morning. Don't nobody ever talk bad about my brother Nenad!!

Thank you, because this opens up quite a few doors for W8 owners...

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
UPDATE...

I just contacted Bilstein in North Carolina and was given the complete run-around. Sounds like the California Distribution Center deals with the European vehicles. I wonder why the U.S. Bilstein site doesn't list these part numbers?

If this pans out then Nenad gets the Swami's Good Looking Out Award!!

Let me give the correct Bilstein Part Numbers for the W8 Application.

B6-Sport Shocks:

BE5-6953 (Front)
BE5-6954 (Rear)

B8 Sprint Shocks:

BE5-6955 (Front)
BE5-6956 (Rear)

B12-Suspension Kit (Shock/Lowering Spring Combo):

SE5-8881

B16-PSS9 Coilovers:

GM5-8868

I hope this helps everyone.

Will aka The Swami

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Maybe I<3myW8 should rename his topic to "W8 Suspension Q" so all of W8er will know there is something inside for them? :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.