Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally wrapped things up today with the springs/shock install. the rears were not that bad at all. i managed to leave the drivers side rear wheel on (had the keylock seize up on me) to complete the suspension on that side. funny how i bitched and complained during the whole thing, but things turned out well. as soon as i got done, i rested for a minute and then wanted more to do. luckily i have my neuspeed rear sway to put on. i'm going to let the car sit tonight, and then back on jackstands for the rear sway. are there any write ups on the installation of the bar? i'll search, but any info would be appreciated. overall, i like the look. when i throw the 18's on that will complete that package. i thought about selling the wheels, but i'd really like to see them mounted on the car. the rake is not as pronounced as i thought to be. i'm wondering if i should have went to the bottom notch. i have 3. i'll try to post pics as soon as i can. from the front, the car looks very track like, and more race inspired. thats enough jibber jabber, i'll posts pics soon.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how hard are the frong shocks to adjust. now that the suspension is on, i want to exaggerate the rake, and lower the front suspension a notch lower. do i have to pull the whole assembly back off? i read somewhere that adjusting the shocks is easy once they are on.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
how hard are the frong shocks to adjust. now that the suspension is on, i want to exaggerate the rake, and lower the front suspension a notch lower. do i have to pull the whole assembly back off? i read somewhere that adjusting the shocks is easy once they are on.
you'd have to remove the suspension to do it. if you had the ecs coil kit, then you don't have to remove teh suspension.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
so does that mean i'd have to clamp the springs again?
yes. you might be able to leave the "assembly" together, if you can clamp the spring enough so that you have enough clearance to move the clip. i haven't tried it myself, but it doesn't hurt to check. also, give the springs a week or two to settle before changing the height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts