Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok it is time for me to replace the shocks on my 2000-2001 B5 1.8T sedan, my stock shocks are warn and getting noise. what does everyone think the best shock is? and before everyone starts to post saying how do u want it to ride. well it it to handle tight but and i know a rough ride is common with tight system. and i also remember hearing that there were shocks that have an ajustable perch level? any info or advice is much appreciated

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
How much do you want to spend? If you really want a tight suspension then you might as well replace the springs at the same time. There are many options. Do a search on "suspemsion".

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced mine with the Koni yellows, they are a little stiffer then stock but have a lifetime warranty and offer adjustability..try tirerack

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my car is already lowered but just still on stock shock. i have neuspeed springs and i don't have any complaints with the springs, it is just my shocks are starting to make noises now. and i was just wondering what was that best investment. i wouldn't mind switching it all out and going with some KW coilovers but i don't feel like putting out 1200$ or more, due to me have other needs with money. but any help is deff appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts