Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gee, didn't see this coming at all. :rolleye: Where do they draw the line?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27277381
“With the economy likely to be weak for several quarters, and with some risk of a protracted slowdown, consideration of a fiscal package by the Congress at this juncture seems appropriate,” Bernanke said in prepared testimony to the panel.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has said an economic recovery bill could be as large as $150 billion. Economists have told leading Democrats the plan should be twice the size.
What can even be said anymore? These people are completely incompetent. What spending are they going to cut to pay for all these packages?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
What spending are they going to cut to pay for all these packages?
1 F-22 Raptor costs $138 million. Current plans at procurement have 183 slated for purchase. There's 25 billion right there.

Oh wait... THAT money doesn't exist either...

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
What can even be said anymore? These people are completely incompetent. What spending are they going to cut to pay for all these packages?
Obama's tax cuts.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoorah! Vote McCain, baby! Iran needs a simulating package too!

McCain Supporter Bumper Sticker = Stupid Mother F|_|cker
Obama and his party are supporting this...as a matter of fact, the package cannot be passed with out approval from Congress. So, Obama bumpersticker also = stupid motherfucker

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,651 Posts
A month ago the democrats in congress asked GW for another stimulus package. GW said no, we have to worry about the deficit. Now suddenly Bernanke and GW come up with the idea!:crazy:

What's another $200-$300 billion anyway?:banghead: Last ime many people used the money to pay off debt. Now they want us to spend, spend. :wrench:

Screw them ALL!

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Pffftttt... I used it to pay my property taxes.

I have to pay for those teachers earning $105K a year and the garbage man that makes $89K.

Mudder Fockers.

·
Magical Negro
3,069 Posts
700b should be enough, if they want more, I want a cut and $600 is not going to cut it. I owe 1500 on my passat, they can take that toxic debt anytime they want.

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Obama and his party are supporting this...as a matter of fact, the package cannot be passed with out approval from Congress. So, Obama bumpersticker also = stupid motherfucker
However, had we not had chimp-boy running our nation for the past eight years, do you think we would needs all of this crap now?

·
Registered
710 Posts
700b should be enough, if they want more, I want a cut and $600 is not going to cut it. I owe 1500 on my passat, they can take that toxic debt anytime they want.
$850 billion. You forget, those who were against it turned when they added $150 billion in pork to bribe them. They were against $700 billion, but "okay" with $850 billion. brilliant.

Now we can only hope that it gets put where it can do some good vs padding the pockets of friends. Government fails at this type of thing. Just like government failure got us here.

Mark

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
I'm tellin' ya, we need riots in the streets again.

In the 60s we had blacks rioting in the streets.
Then we had students and hippies rioting in the streets.

It's the day of the white, middle class, almost-retirees now! :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts