Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
frist of all i am a new proud owner of a B5. and i am new to this whole discussion board thing so forgive me if i am not very efficent at this stuff. here is my question. i just ordred a set of 18in wheels and tires. now i am looking to lower the ride to reduce the fender tire gap. i ordred some neuspeed sport springs which have a 1.5 drop. since i will be using the stock shocks is there a good chance of blowing the stock shocks. i would like to someday upgrade to a aftermarket shock. but for the time being will the factory shocks work. cause if not i may just change my order to the softsport springs at .75 drop. i tend to be a very cautious driver and i am very easy on my car. i always go very slow over speed bumps. so if anyone has some advice for me on what to do i would love to hear it. i am so glad to be a b5 owner i am loving the possiblites with this ride.
thanks
clark

·
Registered
816 Posts
First, welcome.
Second, you shouldn't have a problem with your stock shocks unless you want that setup to last. I've heard, and seen, of stock shocks only lasting so long with dropped springs. I say go for it and see how long they last.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts