Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say THANX to CHAS for his dope bar!!! I added that along with my Sparco Bar (THANX Mario!!!) and can't wait to try them out once the roads dry up and i get my 18's back on....

For your Viewing Pleasure:

Also thanx to the B5ers who helped talk me through the installs! :wink:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Chas bar was a wonderful addition to my car. :thumbup: Too bad I had to take it off because of clearance issues with the lower tiptronic bar.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Hey Guys, thanks for the nice, nice! I'm glad you guys got your bars on and are happy with them! I just wish I had the new logo before I sent out the last batch. It's makes no real difference in the bar, but I think it looks cool! 8) :roll:

All the new bars being shipped out will have this logo on them. :roll: :wink: :D

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hwmike said:
Sweet! I just put mine on too. It's awesome. Where did you get the top Sparco bar? Will it fit the B5 V6? 8)
Unfortunanty this will not fit a V6 as far as i know. i actually got the bar from BlackWag who had a V6. And hence why i was able to pick the bar up for my 1.8T. As for where to get the bar, your local speed shop should be able to get the bar for you. If not you can PM me and i can get pricing on it as well for you.

As for mounting...there are 2 bolts (big bolts) that the bar will mount into and then you will need to drill 2 extra holes on each end to sit another pair of bolts to make the bar stronger on the mount. I only installed it with the 2 large bolts (strut tower bolts i beleive?) and plan on drilling and adding the extra bolts later when i have time and it dries up here. So i suppose you can mount it without drilling the extra holes. All depends on the owner i suppose. hope that helps!

Chas- Is that a decal/sticker you added to the bar or is it etched on? If it's a sticker i'd love to add the extra 50 hp to my new Cbar! :wink: Thanx again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts