Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the dash harness swap from the donor car, I did not have a plug for the sunroof power line. It was not a big deal at the time, but I would like to have it working as it would make replacing the headliner easier (I expect). From the sunroof, I have the normal connector and a hanging red wire that should have a matching connector on the left of the lower A pillar wiring connector holder, right next to the airbag connector.
Since I don't have a connector and don't have wires to the fuse holder for the sunroof (in the fuse box), can I simply wire a line with a fuse from the positive studs under the lower relay panel and then to the sunroof line?
The line to the sunroof is in this pic, between the positive wires off of the lower relay panel zip tied together. It is a single red wire with a white tie to the left.

I am finally swapping in the upper fender harness to have the electric fan work again as it contains the relay. It's a pain to do it with the rest of the harness already in place. It's the harness on the top of this pic:

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
What you want to do sounds like a viable option, But I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty sure the power to the sunroof is switched. Will that be a problem if it's not?
I gotta ask, what about the 'other' wires that go to the sunroof? Do you have those?

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I know my previous post only has more questions and no definitive answer, but I'm curious to know myself.

·
Administrator
23,355 Posts
does this help? Yes, the red line goes to 12v directly, terminal 30. There is also a red/brn and br/wht wire going to the CCM which I assume would supply it with switched power to only let it work with the key in the ignition.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that is exactly what I need. I looked through the Bentley and found the relay for the fender harness, but did not find the sunroof wiring yet. Since it goes through the fusebox to terminal 30, it should work fine. I have the original wiring harness from the sunroof in the car and it plugs into the T23 connector to the body harness and on to the CCM. I just did not have the power line to the fusebox.
I am sore today from playing contortionist yesterday. I should be able to put the car back together this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts