Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 B5 and I think the bulb inside the sunroof switch(knob) is not working.

ETKA doesn't give any part number, so the natural question is: is your sunroof switch illuminated as the rest of the dashboard? Or this is a feature available only for W8?

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 99 B5 and I think the bulb inside the sunroof switch(knob) is not working.

ETKA doesn't give any part number, so the natural question is: is your sunroof switch illuminated as the rest of the dashboard? Or this is a feature available only for W8?

Thanks!
feature available only for W8. If you notice, all the markings that you would think should be illuminated are painted on. There are kits online to convert to illuminated controls.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
feature available only for W8. If you notice, all the markings that you would think should be illuminated are painted on. There are kits online to convert to illuminated controls.
The marking from the sunroof knob seems to not be painted ... I thought it has a bulb inside.
ECSTuning is selling the W8 upgrade for about 90$. Do you know something cheaper?:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts