Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some 18" rims with 225/40/18 summer tires(Yok es100's). I enjoy the handling and cornering with these tires but they are a little noisey(not too bad though). I was considering going with an all season tire, maybe the Pirelli pzero nero m+s. Will I regret going to an all season by not having traction and cornering? As far as weather, I am in an area that may get an inch or two of snow for a couple days max. What are the pro's and con's?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
All-seasons tend to give up some handling for better ride comfort and tread life. However, for an all-season tire the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S is a great handling tire. I believe it will give you enough handling that you won't regret using it. Excellent combination of road noise, ride comfort and handling.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
dsk64, the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S is a solid tire but I have issues with the compound. I've owned a set of P7000 Super Sports and the Nero M&S and both tires bubbled badly during normal city driving.

If available in your area, you might want to take a look at the Toyo Proxes 4's. I've tracked the Proxes 4's and they are an excellent tire, which come very close in handling to my Toyo T1-S summer tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.