2.0T Coils Upgrade
FMIC
Upgraded Injectors
k04 Upgrade
High Flow Cat
Unitronic Tune
Coilovers
Motor/Tranny Mounts, street performance.:driving:

What you guys think, any other suggestions?

99 1.8t AEB 5 Speed 160k

Current Mods:
Neuspeed Full Exhaust
Forged DV
K&N Drop-In

Visuals
18" Enkei
Limo Black Tint
Smoked lights

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
To use the 2.0 coils on the AEB engine you'll need to do the ICM delete and get coil adapter plates to fit the coils.
Talk to your Unitronics source to find out which tune they offer for your K04 build. Get injectors (or whatever modifications) that tune calls for.

If/when you need a new clutch, look for a single-mass unit that's lighter then the stock unit. In my 99 I'm running the stage-2 RA4 setup from ECS. A lighter assembly allows the engine to spin up faster. This made a noticeable improvement in 1st and 2nd gear.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Evrything he said. But I asked my local uni dealer and they said no k04 files for aeb. U might be stuck with united motorsports tune. Or giacs aeb tune

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn well thats not good, I've been up for a uni chip since I had the passat, Gonna have to look into giac ive only compared the uni and arp. Im open to recommendations on the k04 tune

Searched around, fully aware of the icm delete and adapters i need, nothing can be simple :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I would still call your local uni dealer to make sure. They do make changes sometimes. I belive apr also just got a dbc k04 tune but was crazy expensive. Im running giac pc 16 along with steve. And alot of others. This calls for an exhaust. K04 . Fmic. 3bar fpr. And bosch red top injctors. And new stock plugs and o2 sensors.

Ive ran this for a year and love it. But from 5500 up im maxing out my maf. And I have little problems with my a/f and read others werent perfect either.

Unitedmotorsports tune is made for a k04 or hybrid. Even big turbo for the future.

Ive read some on used the 660cc injecter tune with a k03 and his a/f was fine. but this might have been on a audi I cant remeber. But I do know the united tune called for a bigger maf.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, I actually didn't even think about that filter, replaced basically every other filter. Gonna have to check it out and see how it looks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts