Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of this thing? I've got two Passats and I think the 1.8T has one, but the W8 doesn't....but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the W8 has one that's skinny, about 10x14 or smaller. Wouldn't consider it a "suitcase", maybe a carry-on.

The 1.8T has what appears to be a large muffler around the rear seats, it's pretty friggin big, so I'm guessing that's it.

So, the W8 doesn't really have one? Or it has a small one and larger rear mufflers?

·
Registered
115 Posts
The W8 has a fairly large double resonator right under the front seats that both pipes go thru. Then 2 big mufflers on either side of the spare tire well. I removed the whole shootin match. I can give you pics of it if you are curious? It all came out in one piece. It must weigh almost 100 pounds and is about 8 feet long.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nenad said:
are you looking for something like this?
Yeah, near as I can tell, what's under my W8 looks something like that. dtwalkerfl - I'd happily take any pics you want to send me. Either post them here or e-mail them to me. I'll shoot you a pm with my e-mail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts