Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these a week or two ago but was too lazy to host them:

OK, I went out for a scenic autumn drive and decided to bring the camera along and some some pictures of "Elaine." I park her next to a pond a run across the street the get a good angle.

I notice a goose has come out of the water and is standing next to my car. I snap a few more:

Next thing I know, the damn thing is crossing the road! Cars are swerving left and right to dodge it!

The goose comes right up to me. It obviously has been fed by hand before and is very tame. I decide to take a few more pics of the goose with Elaine in the background.

I figure it istime to move on when the goose starts pecking at my feet and crotch. I cross the road and look back. The bird is still following me! I glance to left and spot and approaching Lexus. I hold the camera up, secretly hoping to get a shot of the goose being pancaked. To my relief (and also disappointment) the Lexus sees the goose and avoids it.

Birds are so stupid.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Looks like you have a new friend, lol :D I went for a drive this weekend too and saw a bunch of B5s out

·
Registered
27,769 Posts
Thanksgiving dinner?

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I think I see ducklings (or gooselings) in your first picture. Maybe this was just a mother goose trying to protect her young. These animals are pretty territorial.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
James - nice story & pics. Where were these shot?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That is very funny!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BoeserBlick said:
I think I see ducklings (or gooselings) in your first picture. Maybe this was just a mother goose trying to protect her young. These animals are pretty territorial.
Those were ducks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts