Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for a shortshifter I found the BM shifter. Anyone used this one?? How does it compare with others?? Where can I find speed parts for my car in NYC. I will be there in a few weeks.

Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
310 Posts
NYC

It's not exactly NYC, but you can try Rapid Parts ... see www.rapidparts.com for directions. They have the Neuspeed kit for $219. There are lots of rice burner shops in Queens, but I don't know any of them to carry VW parts and their prices are very high.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I also Bought a Diesel Geek (was my first mod) it dropped my throw by about an inch (around 2.5 from 1 to 2) I found a group buy going on at the time. certainly recommend, it came with the allen wrench for the install which only took about 30 - 40 min. at night in the dark. :thumbup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
definate big :thumbup: to the diesel geek ss, but the install for me, the unexperienced SS installer, it took me like 2 hours, then i had to realize u have tyo adjust it...great product

SUPASSAT said:
I also Bought a Diesel Geek (was my first mod) it dropped my throw by about an inch (around 2.5 from 1 to 2) I found a group buy going on at the time. certainly recommend, it came with the allen wrench for the install which only took about 30 - 40 min. at night in the dark. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
SUPASSAT said:
How much did you pay in a GB. I see on their website it's $145 for my car shipped.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I do not remember what I payed. I did a search on the vdubaddiction website for it. The last group buy that came up was for 15% off the price listed on the site. Might try setting one up or calling to see how many it takes to get the discount. I have not seen (that I can recall) many SS group buys on CB5 , probably wouldn't be hard to get enough intrest.

·
Registered
446 Posts
is anyone elses harder to shift when its cold, or before you've been running the car for a while...andi got mine for 145 shipped...cant beat that with a stcik huh

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I e-mailed Dieselgeek about a group buy, this is their response:

Kurt,

The shifter is at the very lowest we can sell it. In fact, the current
price is the same as the last group buy price.

Thanks,
Caleb Reynolds

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
hateshondas said:
is anyone elses harder to shift when its cold, or before you've been running the car for a while...andi got mine for 145 shipped...cant beat that with a stcik huh
yeah, mine does as well. probably because molecules move slower at lower temperatures.

·
Registered
56 Posts
short throw shifter

Hi there.

I got the B/M shifter set to the maximum throw reduction and I love it. Shifting into 2nd gear when the transmission is cold is a bit harder then before though. Installation was fairly easy but it took me a few try to adjust it properly.

ciao

·
Registered
83 Posts
Another :thumbup: for dieselgeek. It even looks like they lowered their price since I got mine.

And with their SS, the install was totally inside the car, through the shifter opening.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've seen that name Diesel Geek before on the sight. Is he the only one privy to getting the short shift kit or can I get it from the same arm on my own. Also, how difficult on a scale of 1 - no skillz is this to install? TIA

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
rcaton1 said:
I've seen that name Diesel Geek before on the sight. Is he the only one privy to getting the short shift kit or can I get it from the same arm on my own. Also, how difficult on a scale of 1 - no skillz is this to install? TIA
Dieselgeek is the company who makes short shifter kits. :lol:

There are other companies who make them as well: neuspeed, UCC...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
rcaton1 said:
Go to www.dieselgeek.com for install instructions, seems pretty straight forward.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts