Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original Monsoon, with cassette and a 6 CD-changer in the trunk.
I disconnected the CD a while back, and added an iPod connection -- but that is 30pin, of course.

Are there options for a new unit that will have a lightening iPhone connection or possibly bluetooth? I don't really care about a video screen or anything like that.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
You should go to Crutchfield and use their stereo finder to pick the features and options you want and don't want. I think they are the best place to shop for car audio. Just a quick look there is a Blaupunkt New Jersey double din thats may work nicely or not.
Don't forget the adaptor!

Find what fits your car - Crutchfield

And read through some posts in the Mobile Audio forum here Mobile Electronics

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just put in a Kenwood DDX system and a 10" pioneer sub. Super easy to do. It's also Bluetooth and able to connect to any iPhone or iPod. I'll post some photos in half an hour when I get home for you to see.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can run your monsoon amp with a wiring kit. If you are going double din I would recommend an pioneer AVIC unit. Used to have a car stereo business and never had luck with the reliability of Eknwood products? My recommendations for a oubliette din would be a pioneer Avic unit which would allow the ability to add more amps with 2 sets of RCA jacks as well as a dedicated subwoofer outlet, Bluetooth, DVD, GPS and rear back up camera. I have a single din because I added gauges in mine lower area. There is a audio section on this PW site as well that can help you in more detail than me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Crutchfield has great deals and very fast shipping. My recommendation is go with Bose speakers you wont regret it. If you love great bass along with great treble buy Bose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts