Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't feel like doing a search so bear with me.
I just put on my ASA AR1 wheels, 19X8.5" tire size 235/35/19
(pics later I know)I have now decided to follow the suggestion of the warranty guy at Shrewsbury Motors and drop the car. He can get the dealership to install my spring at a good price. (unless someone in NJ can help) :D anywho, what drop would you suggest. I'm hesitant to go too low because I just want to replace my springs. He suggested Eibach......
survey says? :???:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, a honda civic

sense the sarcasm in my voice?

wait, you can't hear me :roll:

yes it is for a Passat

I'm joking geez.......

it's a 2004.5 Fresco Green
Havent even had it a week yet
my wheels came in 3 days

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
^^That's why I asked...

let's just hope I don't click the delete button when I'm politely trying to move it to General Discussion so you can get some answers... can you hear the sarcasm.... :lol:

smart ass.

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
regarding the question. I ran for a year on my stock dampers and Eibach springs on my 4Mo.

Great for looks, comfy 'stock-like' handling, but not a performer. If you're going to drop the $ on labor... just do it all at once. Or just take your car apart twice like I did.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Minnesota meet New Jersey. :)

Rockcity, you should thank the nice moderator for not letting your message linger in the wrong forum....

Anyway, some of us prefer H&R Sport springs (with Bilstein shocks), but that might be a bit aggressive for you, a good 2" drop all around.
Otherwise, I think there are a few folks who might chime in that have done Eibach springs only (w/o upgrading dampers).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you nice moderator, I did not see the heading in the past forum
thanks for setting me straight, I'm new , isn't this expected of me? :p

as for the suggestion, I'd like to keep it under $500 installed, I don't think I'd be able to touch shocks and springs for that price.... I've looked aroung it seems like a 1.5" might be good. H&R makes one correct?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If you are going to keep the car for any period of time, change both.

·
Registered
155 Posts
like rollinginstyle, i have H&R sports with Koni - awesome setup. the drop is awesome & the handling & feel are even better. click my website for pics of the drop. (i have the same wheels are you - just a bit smaller... 17")

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.