Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 b5 with an atw engine. driving down the highway at a coast enginelight flashes and car spudders. i pull the codes and i get p0300 3001 302 303 3004 so needless to say all random missfires. i had an issue with a coil a while back so figured this was again the problem. i whent ahead and replaced the coils and plugs. while doing the job i noticed a lot of brown kind of soot looking substace in side the cylinders the coils slide into on cyl 2 and 3. then when i pulled the plug out of cyl 2 the electrode was either burned or broken straight off of the plug, yes, the electrode was gone... wierd. after doing the job (coils and plugs) i cleared codes and drove it. as soon as i get above 5lbs of boost random missfires again with same codes. the car cold starts fine and idles fine with a steady vacuum. I tested the fpr, and ohmed out the injectors. has anyone had this issue and or what should i do next.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a prob with my 98 passat, AEB motor, with a misfire on only one cyl. I repl the control module on top of the air box. it controls which cyl fires when, I think. if you do a search here or at vwvortex you'll probably fine notes on how to test it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts