Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone.

Haoyi and I are almost done shopping for a new baby pusher. Sadly, i lost the fight for a VW because the stupid vacuum hose popped off while going to see a VW. lol. 5min later, the hose was back on and we where on our way. Still, i lost the fight.

We are looking at Honda CR-V LX or EX-L from 2007-2010 (pending on the miles and color.

I she wants NAV, BlueTooth, DVD w/ external outputs, back up camera, parking sensors, FMAM, maybe HD radio (she said it will be cool). :thumbup:

I have found on fleebay a unit for 600.00 shipped from navngo.com, but never heard of it. She said she doesn't care about sound, just function. :crazy: Well, i talked to her about her Sony Explode in her Civic and she gets a headach after listening to it for a while. SO, she does care about sound now. lol :wrench:

Let me know what is are good products. Install will be done by me. I did my passat and came out great, IMO.

This is not for competitions or show. More for pushing the baby and going on long trips to MA, CT, NJ, VA, GA, FL. :salute: :driving:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for information.

What is the leading unit out there for our needs. I can google, but don't want to weed out the commercial BS.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
have you considered actually going to, say, a car audio store and actually looking at models, Geoff? most of the audio heads here have moved on, if you haven't figured it out already...

I doubt you'll get parking sensors in a head unit, btw.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to a few jay and was being 'sold' on. basically, I was told that everything was worthless unless i spend over $1,000.00 a head unit.

What i did find out, is most of the head units now have a back up camera.

No. no. :( i haven't figure out all the audio heads moved on. :( just thought my question was too basic. lol.

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
I am glad that my wife doesn't want me to source a DVD/Nav/HD Radio/Microwave Oven/iPod Compatible/Eyeliner Applicator head unit. I hear you loud and clear, canosgmk. Choosing from the gluttony of options in the brand name retail outlets and LightintheBox.com-type Chinese fare, I don't think I could ever arrive at a decision I would be 100% sure of before or after.

Good luck with your purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts