Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty in the dark when it comes to subs and amps and choosing a setup. I'm going to be receiving an Infinity KAPPA PERFECT 10.1 sub and box thanks to v-dub duluth here soon. I have the monsoon sound system. I think I just want the amp to power the sub, unless there is a big gain by powering the factory speakers as well... So from what I read a Mono amp would be the choice w/ one sub, right? Ok, now the sub's RMS is 350 watts, so is that what I want to stay around or should I look at the 400 and up range? Price is a factor, $350 max maybe, but if i can get a great amp for a lot less to do what I need it to do, I'm all for that. So what would you guys recommend? Thanks a million

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
You want to stay around the RMS...thats why its there. As a general guideline for the power handling. Some subs can handle more then thier RMS. If you find a 400 watt amp im sure it would be fine as long as its tuned correctly so dont think you HAVE to stay under 350, but i wouldnt look at anything to high.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey man, I have really nice Eclipse amp I;m lookin to get rid of. I'll take 340 shipped.
It's an Eclipse 34230 up for sale. Asking 340 shipped.
Stats are as follows:
Eclipse 34230 370x2 Channel Amplifier

550W x 2 Channel Max. Power Output at 4 ohms Stereo
370W x 2 Channel 0.1% THD at 4 ohms Stereo, 20-20,000Hz at 13.8V (RMS Continuous Power)
ChannelFlex Crossover Adjustable Low-Pass Crossover (12dB/octave, 50-200Hz) Adjustable Pre-Out High-Pass Crossover (12dB/octave, 50-200Hz)
Subsonic Filter (0-60Hz)
Free-Flow Signal Circuit
Double-Sided PCB
High-Current, High-Speed Output Devices
High-Efficiency, High-Energy MOS-FET Power Supply
Audiophile Grade Component Selection
Intelligent 7-Way Discrete Protection Circuitry
Music Reproduction with Low Distortion & Ultra-Low Negative Feedback
Efficient Cooling with Low-Profile Heatsink
Multi-Mode Configuration
Stereo/Mono Switch

Reg Price: US$ 780.00