Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I purchased this setup (not sure if same shipper) about 3 years ago and have had no issues. I know that the jet suction pump's part number was superseded with a different last letter, so you may want to sure that this part number is included: 058133753D

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,727 Posts
I'd buy it. There's not much to it. That is the updated part. In earlier versions, the main body of the SJP was more cylindrical and not "fluted" or "contoured", if you will.

I may have jinxed it, but my original 2004 part is still holding strong at 172k miles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I order! My oem part has last letter B and I saw that is showing last update/revision of part. So I think that this would be just fine. My oem part get splitted 50889859_306912606839861_4724425005822115840_n.jpg after 134k miles.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Ditto, although I just ordered mine from Amazon instead of ebay. I broke the @#)$&*(^ thing while replacing my thermostat so I just snapped it back together. It worked for awhile but now I have about 4 vacuum-related codes and my mpg is down.

I can't believe there is much to the part so I'm hoping for the best even though it's not OEM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for reply. That mean that i will lay by oem part hoses,little valve's etc. If i get mpg worse first will suspect on chinese under the hood :lol: I will buy oem SJP put back with oem hoses and these little valves.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,727 Posts
It's just a check valve, so it's a pretty simple design. I would expect it to last a while.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I also bought it and when installing a check valve came apart. Replaced with on older one and all was well. Can't beat the price.
TomK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts