Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Gnosis: Oil pouring out the top of MityVac... you didn't have the hose pushed all the way into the joint. I did that the 1st time too. You put it in and twist while pushing until it really seats, then it'll seal just fine.

Get a gallon of Purple Power cleaner/degreaser. Mix it 50/50 w/water and pour 1/2 cup in a container, then evac it through your tubes. Next suck up about a cup of water to rinse them. Remove the tubes and shoot some water through them now and hang to dry. Shake the degreaser and water mixture in the MityVac around to cleanse. Pour out into your recycle container. Pour some water back in and slosh around again and pour out. If you want it spotless clean you have to take the top off and wipe, but for regular use the above is just fine. Oh, and remember to leave the seal plug out, not in, so it doesn't "remember" the squished position and get stuck.

On oil extraction, Rechtsfahren has it right. I push it in until I meet the 1st resistance and evac that, then push it ever so slightly until I meet resistance again and evac and that's about all the oil that is in the pan. I can evac and replace the filter and put the new oil in, in around 10 mins now. Add 5 mins for cleanup.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.