Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

subwoofers in a wagon

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  WagenMeister 
#1 ·
I want to build 1 x 10" sub on each side in the back of my wagon so that I can use my wagon to carry stuff too ;)
Cause now the 12" sub takes allmost all the space....
What's the best way of doing this?
Remove the whole sidepanel and make new ones?
Anyone who have done this and have some pictures?

#4 ·
I'm gonna be building a sealed enclosure for a 10" in the passenger side removable pocket (the one with the green cross on it) I'm guessing there's supposed to be a medical kit or something there?
Still resarching bass response with speakers that work in a .66 cu. ft. enclosure.
It'll be MDF carpeted to match the front and fibreglass in back moulded to the cavity.
front runner for the sub is a polkaudio right now. (value/performance)
good luck on your sub work! :thumbup:

#6 ·
WagenMeister: Like this:

It's held in by friction, so I can still pull it out in order to change the bulbs behind there, they removed the plastic holder the med-kit would attach to, and just formed the fiberglass around that. I has a JL 10W3V2 in it now.

#7 ·
Yup, like that but tucked back more flush, the way you have it I know I'll whack it on one of my visits to Home Depot! There's still enough space for a sealed enclosure (depending on the sub) without it extending more than 1". I'll be raising the floor 1.5" to accomodate a whack of processors and an amp. Trying to keep everything stealth and clean. It should be finished at the end of May (I'll do the pic thing).

Variants Rule!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.