Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 passat with the monsoon system and i wasnt to put in my 2 Audioban 12in ch subs I also have a 760 watt pioneer amp to go with them what is the best way to go about wireing it all.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You are in mass.. I could give you a hand putting it in. Do you have a Stock HU or aftermarket HU. And there are also some wiring parts you are going to need. You can go with 8G but I would recomend going 4G to make sure you have plenty of power and some capability to upgrade if you want another amp. PM if you want a hand.

Jon :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
JT02460 said:
You are in mass.. I could give you a hand putting it in. Do you have a Stock HU or aftermarket HU. And there are also some wiring parts you are going to need. You can go with 8G but I would recomend going 4G to make sure you have plenty of power and some capability to upgrade if you want another amp. PM if you want a hand.

Jon :thumbup:

Again with the wrong wire suggestions. Going larger, which may be necessary later if another amp is added will do nothing but waste money. Look at it like this, would you get more water pressure by going to larger plumbing? You'll have more capability but if the amp isn't needing the voltage it's a waste.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Okay Paul, I am not trying to dispute what you are saying. But Hooking up your audio on your can can be an addiction. You always want to upgrade and make things bigger and better, its the same way with your car. You do one mod and you are already thinking of what the next mod will be. I am just saying you do this one time and spend a little more money, You don't have to spend more money at a latter point rewiring what you already did once.

Jon :D

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
JT02460 said:
Okay Paul, I am not trying to dispute what you are saying. But Hooking up your audio on your can can be an addiction. You always want to upgrade and make things bigger and better, its the same way with your car. You do one mod and you are already thinking of what the next mod will be. I am just saying you do this one time and spend a little more money, You don't have to spend more money at a latter point rewiring what you already did once.

Jon :D

Jon - I agree about the upgrading, I even said so in my last post. I just wanted to make sure it was known that larger wire, once you're at a sufficient gauge to handle the voltage and current draw, won't help anything and will waste money. It's all good! :D

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts