Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
If you're replacing the N75 with it, the manual controller installs the same way as the N75, minus the plug, of course.

If you're supplementing the N75 with a manual controller to set a hard limit on the maximum boost, you have to split all the tubes going into the N75, and you have to connect one side of the split to the N75 and the other side of the split to the manual controller. Basically, this way either the N75 OR the manual controller can open the wastegate independently of the other.

Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont you have to connect one side to the actuator and the other on the other side of the turbocharger that will take pressure? I might be wrong but this is why i asked the question in the first place.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
You need to know what kind of valve you have. Lots of very different valves have a knob:

Is it a bleed?
A bleed + spring (boostvalve, Dawes)?
A pressure relief valve?
A pressure regulator valve?

That said, here's some installation info for bleed+spring: http://www.boostvalve.com/1.8.html

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
how do i get the pressure from the turbo? (sorry, im new to this "turbo stuff")
You should get used to having one first, then. They're not magic -- you can't just pack more air into the engine and expect it to work perfectly. If it were that easy, nobody would be able to sell upgraded engine software for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts