Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the bilstien touring strut for my car and they have a sport 19-119939 and a standard suspension version 19-119922. Ecs lists the sports suspension one to my car. They even claim it will fit. Bilstien themselves say no it won't. I found that the standard suspension strut is a pain in the butt to get. Will the sport version fit my car.. They are avail all day long. He'll I can buy them from Amazon too lol or do I sit and wait for my order to ship. Nobody has them in stock I got a fantastic deal from autoanything less than 108 for both. But they are back ordered from the manufacturer

· Moderator/Administrator
26,115 Posts
For a stock ride (what the Bilstein Touring is) you have more options. Koni STR.T, Sachs, or Boge to name a few. A deal is nice, as long as you can actually get the product.

Sports are going to be stiff and are shorter, made for lowering springs. If you want better handling at stock height, go with the HD. They are valved the same as sport, but made for stock height.

They appear to be in stock here, but a higher price.
http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_9_33_68_312_4701

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would of loved to get the koni orange struts but they say they arnt made for my passat since my 02 is a wagon. They say their made for sedans. I had the oranges on my mustang for a few years and I loved them. I have the touring Shocks on the back end of my passat and they seem to hold nicely just finding the match in fronts is proving almost impossible. Mine are on order from the manufacturer what could be weeks and I don't really have weeks. . I do not want to lower my car since it already bottoms out on stuff. I may have to do a lil more shopping. Get kybs or Sachs. on a note who has put the koni str.t oranges on their 02 to 05 wagon? I know the sedan and wagon are simmilar. What about blaupart struts? What are the impressions on those? Do they last? I don't want to do a strut job in 25k miles

· Moderator/Administrator
26,115 Posts
The Shocks for front and rear on the Sedan and Wagon are identical in fit. The only difference may be the rear valving because a wagon is heavier. The fronts are the same for all B5.5s The B5 had a slightly smaller front stock shock diameter, but still can use the B5.5 shock on them.

Stay away from KYB, they are junk.

Blauparts reviews can be found on the A6 if you google. Not many here have gotten them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.