Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After re-gluing my side mirrors twice in the last 10 months using Epoxy, I'm now looking for something better that works with glass. The last time, I was able to catch the left mirror just before it fell off while i was driving 70mph. Now, it's wobbling again sort of and that's usually a sign that it's going to come off soon.

Does anyone know which glue to use to keep this permanent from coming off? Not sure if snow white has anything to do with this frequent ungluing but I'd prefer It stay permanently the next time i glue it back on the plate.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
What exactly are you trying to glue? From what I understand you are trying to affix the glass mirror itself to the plastic holder inside of the mirror housing? If so, then I would say the problem is going to be more of what will adhere to the probable PVC/ABS plastic versus the glass. Looking at the mirror, did the epoxy release from the glass or the mount? Personally I would attempt to use J-B Weld as it has a long list of materials it adheres to.

Good luck.

·
Registered
400 Posts
There is a special glue they use to glue the rear view mirror mount to the front windshield. Every auto supply house sell small kits that contain the glue and slug(mount).The glue is made for your situation. Just remember to clean the surfaces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts