Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new. Just bought a 2000 GLS V6 5spd fresh off of a 4 yr lease. Love the car. But I've noticed a small noise that appears to be coming from the front end. It sounds to me like maybe a warped wheel, or a flat spot on tires, except the tires are brand new. Is there anything specific to VW's that would explain it, or should I have the wheels checked out to be sure they are not warped. The sound is especially noticable at meduim - high speed through corners when the wheels are turned. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
each wheel has a balance mounted on it. although the one on the front driver side appears to be smaller than all the others.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Even if the tires are new, they may not be able to be balanced due to a defect (sometimes a belt will be out of position). There have been posts in here from people who couldn't get a good balance on a new set of 4 and the tire retailer had to switch out a defective tire.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interesting gregger. thanks for the info. You mean the radial belts inside the actual structure of the tire?

:nervous:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Blue A
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing