Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Periodically when listening to the radio I will get intermitten static from the speakers that cuts in and out like tap-tap-tap rythym. (Hard to convert the noise to words, sorry.) Am I looking at a connection problem, bad amp in the stereo, or something else?

I still have the stock stereo and have considered swapping it out to help narrow down the problem. I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on this.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Is your cell phone near your radio? When I still had the single din dash and my phone was in the pocket it would do this every time the phone was looking for an update from a cell site or switched to another one. It'll even do it if my phone is next to the clock radio on my nightstand.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. My cell phone might have been under the radio last night. Damn technology... :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
nextel phones are the worst, they make speakers go off from across the room. Even when there not tuned to a radio (ie computer speakers car amps anything)

prolly just yer phone, try calling it while its near the stereo, I know my phones gonna ring before it does from the interferance that comes in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts