Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I think this is the first time I've posted about a problem I’ve had with my :b5: :lol:

Anyways, the car is a 98 AEB 1.8T with 170k Km on the clock and this afternoon I started getting some weird door lock operation and alarm setting problems.

I had my car sitting on the street while I was doing some work on our clients house; the car was locked, windows half down (hot as hell day today) and I was going in and out of the boot a few times with the trunk open button on my switchblade.

Later, as I was leaving, I unlocked the drivers door and immediately it locked again and the alarm horn honked twice. I hit unlock on the remote again and the drivers side door locked itself again right away. Then I unlocked it with the key and everything was fine. Then, driving away, all the doors locked (I DO NOT have auto-locking doors once I reach a certain speed) and the alarm horn honked as if I had locked it and left, but I was still driving the vehicle.

And driving down the road a few times the doors tried to lock themselves (already locked) and the alarm horn honked again. Somtimes it happened after I hit a bump in the road, sometimes not :???:

I have the failing solder points on both the drivers and rear drivers-side doors, which I'm going to fix soon (thanks to Taligent-X's write-up) and my trunk micro switch works intermittently, could this be a problem caused either of those? or is this a CCM problem?

Andrew

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dam CCM :mad:

I can probably arrange a spin out that way mid week in the evening, I've got to fix a coolant leak this weekend if I can get around to it (the bracket on the back of the engine is leaking :/ )

I'm an electrical geek too :D what are you goin to take a look at to see if it's a CCM problem ?

I'm a block down from the Rec Centre on 21st :thumbup:

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.