Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, car cranks and starts great. I back out of the driveway put the car into D and drive away. I go about 500 ft. stop at a stop sign, go another 800 ft. stop at a stop sign. Car is behaviing normally up to now. I make a left and get on a road, 45MPH, and step, not blast, on the accelerator, and there is no response from the engine for like a second and a half while I am applying normal acceleration pressure. :crazy: I back off pressure on the accelerator, reapply pressure to the pedaland it doesn't respond again :mad: I feather the pedal off and on and it seems to kick in and drive normally. This continues for the rest of my drive to work. This happens to me every morning. Also, it happens if the car has been sitting for a couple of hours :crazy:

Does any one have an idea what this could be? Do I need to clean the throttle body. It is a 2000 GLX w/ 45k. I am puzzled.

Thanks,
D

·
Registered
168 Posts
hmm throttle body cable sticking?

ignition wires failing?

not sure but the v6's are strange. i have a v6 glx 2003 30v and it acted weird cause the ignition wires started failing at 7500miles.

just replaced the bad wires and she is running like new.

im tempted to put aftermarked wires in but dont want to if it voids the warrenty...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, thanks for the input.

One question, sounds kinda dumb.

Ganx14, are the ignition wires the same as the sparkplug wires you are referring to?

Thanks,
D

·
Registered
168 Posts
ignition wires are similiar concept to spark plug wires.

the v6 30v engine doesnt have coilpacks and spark plug wires.

they are called ignition wiresl.

im seriously thinking of replacing all my ignition wires with aftermarked nuspeed 8mm wires.

i hear they are awsome and will eliminate the pesty crappy wires that came with the v6 30v.

they are very expensive though around 160 per set.

that price is worth it if it will allow me not to deal with the VW service department ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Ganx14
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing