Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys straighten your ties if they get wrinkled without taking it to the drycleaners? any tips

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Place the tie under a hand towel and iron the towel. This will also press the tie, but the silk will not get burned by the iron.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I just let my ties hang when I am done with them. Never have wrinkles when I go to wear them the next time around.

How do you keep them at the end of the day?

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
rtenke said:
Place the tie under a hand towel and iron the towel. This will also press the tie, but the silk will not get burned by the iron.
This works best. If you only have minor wrinkles, hang the tie in the bathroom when you shower and the steam should help small soft wrinkles fall out.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I used this trick:

Place the tie between your mattress and box spring prior to going to bed. When you wake up, its pressed. Also works for uniforms :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im guilty of leaving a tie tied for months and then when i undo it...it is super wrinkled

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
why untie it??? just loosed it and put it back on. if you do it right the wrinkles will be hidden by the knot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
Medrosje
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing