Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in the Passat guide posted here that I can store my manual under the steering wheel. I might be blind or something, 'cause I couldn't find that opening. Is this on certain models only? I have a 2000 B5 1.8T Sedan GLS.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I dont know if your MY has the storage opening... I'm sure that 2001.5 and newer does.

Look for an open horizontal slot, just wide enough for the manual. There is no door or tray or latch or anything, just a slot.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
i think only the b5.5s have them, but i asked the dealer about buying the piece for a fellow cb5'er and he said about 100-130? it's a really cool compartment tee hee i love it

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
baisee00 said:
i think only the b5.5s have them, but i asked the dealer about buying the piece for a fellow cb5'er and he said about 100-130? it's a really cool compartment tee hee i love it
$100-$130 for it?! Holy crap! I don't have it in my '99 - any chance you could take a pic of it since its the holy grail of Owner's Manuals Storage Compartments? I'd like to see what I'm missing.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
If you are talking about the slot to hold maps. I don't think that is wide enough to put the manual in.

I have a 2002 GLS and only see the map slot. If I am being blind to any other, please slap me for being inconsiderate to a :b5:.5 and storing the manual in the space for the first aid kit.

There are two 'shelves' in the first aid compartment. I use the other to put the left over food boxes when coming back from a restaurant. They fit perfectly and there is no smell of food in the car. :p

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Look about 3 inches below the underside of your steering column, where the column meets the dashboard. It's just a rectangular slot - long way oriented horizontal. Nothing fancy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Great

pete1 said:
Look about 3 inches below the underside of your steering column, where the column meets the dashboard. It's just a rectangular slot - long way oriented horizontal. Nothing fancy.
I found it - my owner's manual fits perfectly and it frees up a lot of room in the glove box. Just another little feature that you can only learn about through ClubB5. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
B5_Passat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing