Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"STOP pull over" appears in my dash cluster

While driving to work this morning the message "STOP pull over" appears in my dash cluster. I immediately pull over and turn everything off. I restarted the car a little while later and everything seems to be ok.

Does anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Car needed to vomit? :puke:

But seriously, I'd do the obvious first, check oil level and coolant, then swing by an Autozone or some place that can pull the engine codes and get a readout on what got tripped, and why.

Is the check engine light on? Any others?

·
Self inflicted facepalm
1,445 Posts
It's a feature on the new iPhone. You can request someone ahead of you to pull over. It's good for getting slow slow drivers out of your way or for getting a hot date.

·
Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,625 Posts
ABS Pump

Could be a number of things though... it should say STOP then list what the problem is right after... assuming you have the VDO

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
At least it was polite.... "Please". ;)

I got a couple of these when I had a sludge related issue. It would come and go. Turned out to be some old sludge that broke loose from somewhere in an otherwise clean (cleaned) engine and clogged the PU screen.

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,142 Posts
While driving to work this morning the message "STOP pull over" appears in my dash cluster. I immediately pull over and turn everything off. I restarted the car a little while later and everything seems to be ok.

Does anybody have any ideas?
Too little information, really. In addition to the STOP message, you should have had additional lights and/or MFD warnings. As stated, check all your fluids, have it scanned, and wait for it to happen again.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
What engine? With a 1.8T this message can be associated with low oil pressure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the car checked for faults..Nothing!

Knowing my luck when I go on another long trip the fault will happen again

·
Registered
913 Posts
ya this happened to me and it ended up that my engine went due to sludge and vw replaced it fooooo freeeeeee, but if I were you I would just get it checked out instead

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got the car checked for faults..Nothing!

Knowing my luck when I go on another long trip the fault will happen again
Did you check all the relevant fluids too? I got the STOP (was conveniently followed by "check oil") once when the level dipped and didn't get caught in time. Making a higher speed sweeping left turn across an intersection made everything just right to set off the alarm.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it happened again but was on only for a split second but I noticed the abs light flash on then off.

Didn't happen on the way home though.

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,142 Posts
Well it happened again but was on only for a split second but I noticed the abs light flash on then off.
Now that is a useful piece of information. A failed or failing ABS module can throw the STOP message, cause spurious oil pressure warnings, cause a fluctuating tachometer, and more. The usual symptoms are STOP, a buzzer, and ABS and brake lights on. It starts out intermittent; you generally check it by seeing if a scanner can communicate with the module.

You may be at the early stages of module failure; but you know, if it was me, I'd still have the oil pressure checked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts