Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STOP/BRAKE FAULT/SERVICE MANUAL + Blinking Brake Light?????? Has anyone ever seen this message int the Message Area? 2002 V6 ABS w/ 41K. I checked the Service Manual but couldnt find reference to this message. Can any one help? Thank you.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car starts out fine, but as soon as I turn right(only right) , I get a tone and this message. Do not understand it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i checked the bentley brake system obd. if i understand which brake lights you mean, i think sharky is right:
If the ABS warning light -K47- (item no. 3, "abs" in a circle) and the warning light for brake system -K118- (item no. 4, "!" in a circle) light up, the ABS system is faulty. Account for differences in braking behavior.

WARNING!

When the ABS warning light -K47- and the warning light for brake system -K118- are lit, the rear wheels can lock early during braking.

can you get access to a vagcom?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I had this same fault code come up when air was in the system which caused a faulty ABS sensor. This is one of the main reasons I tell people to flush DOT4 out every 2 years to prevent air or debris from entering the system. Have your local mechanic or dealership check the fault codes because both the affected sensors should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you are right...the sensor is acting up. I put some fluid in just prior to the problem. I also opened the cap that has the slot on it....that could have allowed air to get into the system....is there anything I can do about that??? Thank you all for your replies...it helped me solve but not correct this problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
if there is air in the system all you have to do is a complete flush. i recommend getting the motive power bleeder for a really fast way to flush the entire system.

basically set up the motive powerbleeder to the resevoir, have the car on jack stands with the wheels off, and i believe a 13 or 11 mm box wrench. then pump the pressure to 20 psi on the motive power bleeder, then start at the right rear, open the bleed screw and let the fluid flow into a bottle, do this until the fluid changed to the new color, most likely a clearish yellow. then go to the left rear, then the right front then the left front. then your done.

if its a sensor, go to dealership

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was the sensor and they are going to replace it under warranty. I did need new rear pads and rotors though and they replaced the brake fluid....$558....I'm satisfied....though 558 is 558.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.