Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at work right now and dont have time to do a search, so if any one can give an answer it's greatly appreciated.

yesteday and today wet/rainy weather while driving at highway speed the the intrument panel lit up for a split second with the following: STOP - ABS - Brake and ASR icon. what's happening? should I be worried when driving?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ihad the same thing happen last night when I was dropping off my friend, I was stopped on a steep incline and I put on the e-brake and put the car in neutral and dropped the clutch and brake pedal, after a few second with my foot off the brake I get the same combo of lights you got, ABS, ASR with the STOP in the display...
Turned off the car, turned it back on and no more problems... I think it was just a hickup of some sort based on the position the car was in... No loss of braking and ABS was working fine (lots of snow here yessterday)..

Bump for any ideas...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Some crud in your wheel sensor for the ABS. OR your ABS module is getting ready to die.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. Mine did the same thing a couple of times and was low around Thanksgiving. Topped it off and it has been okay for two months.

·
Registered
649 Posts
That could explain my issue because I was stopped on a very steep incline... the fluid could have fallen to the back of the resevoir and caused that issue...
Let us know RobsB if it helps!
Thanks Raaburt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts