Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
My B5 went to the Outer Banks the week of hurricane Alex. The next day I started it... STOP beeeeep beeeep beeeep ABS brake lights. Secondary air compressor sounds like it got sandblasted too. I took it to a dealer. They could not get a code from the ABS module ( I am assuming it is DOA) and the S. air comp would be like 380 to replace. my abs unit... 8e0614 111 AH.... I have read a few post of these failing and that they are big $. So I am looking at around $1800 in stuff that aren't mods! I am afraid to buy a used ABS module. IF that is the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have now received 4 emails from people that have replaced only their electronics portion of the ABS unit, without having to take out the whole unit. Simply by removing the wheel well liner, the windshield washer reservoir, and 6 screws on the ABS unit, you can get your ABS back and the light out....
all for around $150 to $200 bucks at the most.
be sure to check my post above

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.