Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured i had to share my story.
my friend has an audi a4 with pretty decent stock rims.
i know he really isnt into cars and could care less what kind of wheels he has.
i figured id ask him to trade his wheels for my steelies and a 100 bux.
he said he really doesnt care, but he doesnt feel like setting up a time to do it all.
so i said as a joke m"well ill just steal them when your not looking"
he told me seriously that if i could get at least 2 wheels swicthed before he noticed i could just go ahead and switch them all for free.

but if i lose, he gets to beat me up without me putting up a fight.

every friday we go to a meeting for 2 hours. so one night im just gunna tell him i cant go, come late, anmd swicth them around.

i also have a question, will my tire iron fit his lug nuts too? or will i need like, a different iron???

his is a 98 audi a4, mine is a 98 passat 1.8t

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Other than the obvious legal issues, and do-gooder passers by, you'll need his unique lug nut key thingy (there's a word for it, but I can't remember it!)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what you mean,. he doesnt have that on his rims, he doesnt have a locking bolt. your talking about the 1 of 5 bolts that needs a special key to get off? casue he doesnt have it. i hope thats what your talking about.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
maybe that's part of the plan. maybe it's a feint.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Your meeting time is *exactly* when he'll expect you to switch the rims -- if you don't show, he'll be checking on his car every 5 minutes.

Two options:

1) Have a friend do the switch while you're sitting there with him in the meeting.

2) Do it some other time when you know he's distracted.

Also... get this deal in writing before stealing anything: if a "good samaritan" sees you & calls the cops, your friend can have a lot of fun at your expense.

Let us know what happens. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahah i like fact that you all are supportive of my "STEAL SOME SUDI RIMS" technique and spare no money. i will let you know. but pete has a great idea with gettin someone else to do it while i distract him.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
As long as ya'll are friends, it's cool. If you were planning on doing this to some guy down the street, IMHO, it's totally different.

You might want to do a "reconnaissance" run to see if you need a locknut key or not.

If you get caught... I don't know you. :angel:

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Carry on with the "every Friday night 2 hourly meet" and then there's no need for distraction.

You meet for 2 hours while someone else takes his wheels.

Do you have much gun crime in your area?!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no there is no crime around here.

the meeting is like, in a pretty secluded area so no one goes by and would see this.

im fairly sure i can get away with this using the distract with someone else switching them up.

i cant wait to tell him how much support and help ive had from X persons on how to steal his rims.

you are all anonomus ;)

thanks for all the support in assisted robbery!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
For the record, and because I'M NOT GOING TO JAIL FOR YOU on "Aiding and Abeting" charges :D...

It's not robbery if he's on the record as daring you to do it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha true, i actually have a friend who is going to switch them out while i distract him inside. then a little later run out to the car and help my friend. and vwala, new audi rims... well new to me

i really did take the advice of pete1 on getting somneone else to do it.

but this thread never happened anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you mention that you have to put up no resistance to taking the beating if you're caught...

but what if you had a 450lb mate who felt the urge to jump to your assistance? after all, he's not part of the deal! ... he could just stand by and watch your back while you're removing the tyres!

then again, depending on your mate, you might want to call the police in advance, just in case he takes a crowbar to you!

for a further challenge - how about filming it all and posting it on the site! ;o)
the plan, the event, the result and your mate's face when he realises what you've done!!!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
chocolatelustboy said:
how about filming it all and posting it on the site! ;o)
the plan, the event, the result and your mate's face when he realises what you've done!!!
x2 :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok! i will remind myself to video tape some of the process, and pictures of us (and my new rims) after a job well done.

tomorrow is the day it will get done.

keep a lookout, and someone needs to tell me how to put a video on here.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
o also realized this was the 4th biggest viewed thread on the first page of this section of the forum.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts