Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I got an After market radio stolen on my 2000 passat and the idiots cut the wire instead of un-hooking the wire harness. I want to put the OE radio back on again but all I got are dangling wires, I need to know what that wire is called so I can go order it and solder it back on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can find the information you need from the radio section of the repair manual and also from the radio section of the wiring diagrams. Go here to get access:

http://www.bentleypublishers.com

You can get a 3-day eBahn subscription for $19.95. Of course, if you like the information you see there you can subscribe for longer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wouldn't it be easy to just go to a junkyard and find a matching car, cut the harness, match the colors and splice onto yours?

·
Registered
192 Posts
mopower said:
Wouldn't it be easy to just go to a junkyard and find a matching car, cut the harness, match the colors and splice onto yours?
Agreed, that's probably the very best option. Even if he figured out the wiring map, he'd still need to get a new harness to plug into the radio.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Metra sells harnesses for both the car and radio side of the connection. Check it out.

BTW, my old Civic had the same thing happen. I bought it from the guy that way, but it was a PITA finding out what each of the wires was.

-Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts