Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:???: Can't find the stock Wheel lock on our 2001. Are there different types of stock locks are is it a one size fits all?

Newbee (AldenB)

·
Registered
712 Posts
No, it's not one size fits all. When I bought my 99 b5 (with 48K miles on it), I realized that was missing one lug on each one of my wheels. I figured the owner took the locks. I drove a good while with one lug missing, when I had to get my driver's sinde window fixed (if felt off of the track, and wouldn't roll up or down, dealer said it was a safety system, in case a hand or a head gets caught, the window will drop, it was fixed free of charge). Anyways, when I took there, I was talking with the mechanic and he also noticed I was driving without a lug. He than handed me a set with four locking lugs, but without the lock. He said some lady had just bought her car, and didn't have come with the lock, so they took the lock off of that set. So than I took it to service, and for $23 I bought the lock. They took like a little suitcase with about 20 different patterns for locks, but if you notice, on your lug has a little number, located int the center. That's the number of the lock, and mine was 3. Just take to the stealership, if it your not sure of the number, they'll match it :thumbup: . But how long you've had your car? Did you just buy it?! Where did you look for it? It's usually with the jack, on that black pouch. Maybe it just fell off. Did you also look under the spare? Maybe it felt underneath it. What about the sides of the trunk?! Just trying to help. Let me know if you succeed searching in those places.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
if you are talking about the key, it should be in the little velcro pocket with your tire changing kit. Unless, someone removed it, or hid it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a complete set of 4 lugs and the wrench i'll sell you cheap. my car didn't have them when I got it, so I picked up a set on ebay. They are around here somewhere, still in the bag. I was kinda hoping someone would steal my oem's! I think I paid like 10 bucks plus shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing