Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up an Autotech exhaust from a fellow B5er. It is downpipe back. I am wondering how much of a difference it would make to install an aftermarket downpipe as opposed to attaching it to the stock DP. TIA

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dloemt said:
Damn, I wanted that exhaust. Let me know how you like it. You know, is it quiet, power gains, etc.
Let me know If you ever go to the GTG in the Bay Area and I'll make sure I'm there so you can see, hear, and feel any power gains in person.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i have a tt downpipe and you can see the diferance for one. the stock DP is far more restrictive. but i deffinately felt the change when i put an aftermaket exaust and DP on .

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
991.8t, did you lose any low end power with the TT downpipe? Not that there is much to lose in the first place. Did you have the aftermarket exhaust on first and install the DP later or do it all at the same time? I am wondering if it makes sense to install the exhaust and then the DP later or just wait until I can do it all in one shot. TIA

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aldolicious, where did you buy your ATP 3inch DP from? Is your entire exhaust 3" or just the DP? How well did the DP fit with the exhaust if the exhaust is not 3"? TIA.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No problem. I will have to drag my sorry @#% up and go to one. I'll let you know when it happens. Thanks fir yir help.

Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts