Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search...Blah!

I was wondering for all you who dropped on your stock shocks, how many miles did you get out of them. I am talking about a drop from 1.2 -- 1.75. I plan to go that low w/ neuspeed or H&R and I just want to know if its worth it to wait to get some Koni or Bilstein shocks. $$$ right now is kinda slim, so you know where I am going with this. Make it worth my while.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Just wait. Especially if you are tight with money. If you have to have them installed then 5,000 miles later pay for another install then you just wasted about $300. If you do them yourself, then it is just your time to waste. I would think, depending on how old your car is, the ride would be floaty in 5k to 10k miles from now.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
:sad: WAIT... please don't make the mistake I did.

It costs ypu more to install them because you do it seperately, when you could go get them done at the same time!

I am just getting my eibach shocks on tomorrow after getting my springs on about 10 months ago. The ride quality decreases fast :suspicio: soyour best bet is to do them both at once! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
How bad is it? I bought SofSports and just put them on at about 14k with the stock shocks. About 500 miles later, car seems nice and tight. I had been under the impression that they'd last till at least 50k or so before I needed replacements. Am I horribly wrong?

-Wapptor

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Depends on what you mean by 'last'. By 40K mine seemed considerably softer than when the car was new, and after going to Bilsteins I wished I'd had them in from mile 1. I doubt the stock shocks would be clearly shot until well after 50K, but they were pretty soft to begin with and intolerably so (to me) by 40K.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks a lot folks for the input. Hmmm...I guess I'll wait or just go in the $$$ hole. From what you have told me is just enough for me to take the necessary precaution and wait. Thanks again.

I am thinking of going with the Eibach Pro-System, the one around $600 or maybe that FK 30-40mm kit? Not sure though Or maybe the H&R/Bilstein set-up.

You are cool :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.