Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does our alarm system have a glass breakage sensor???

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Believe that the glass breaking shoud be picked up by the internal motion sensors.
I don't believe the North American models have this sensor. It has been researched for retrofitting this into the system, but I believe was deemed to be too much work. :???:

·
Registered
297 Posts
r u talking about the motion sensors? Check your rear interior lights... If you have the sensors you should be able to see them staring back at you when you view those lights from the front pews ...

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Eh? I was under the impression the motion sensor was housed in the blank fabric covered spot right behind the moonroof dial. :???:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dunno where it is but i'm assuming that it had one being most fairly modern cars do. It has an immobilized key (at least later models including mine) so i would think it had one but wanted to check. My 97 Saab had one but you could see it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
According to my manual it should be in the rear interior lights.
Some months ago I saw the R32 motion sensor listed at PGPerformance.com, but the price was real high and there's no much info how to install them.
I've been wondering if the following info apply to our cars
http://www.swankmonkey.com/motion_sensor/
I've already asked, but no replies.
Haven't had time to try.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm interesting. I've taken out the rear interior reading lights before to change the bulb and never noticed anything......i'll hafta take a closer look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts